Who receives a T4A?

  • The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires the University to provide a T4A slip to all University of Toronto students to report other income received in the calendar year (January to December) in the form of: scholarship, bursary, or fellowship payments paid to the student;
  • The value of any tuition waiver for dependant children and/or a spouse (effective in calendar year 2007);
  • University subsidy of interest on University-arranged loan programs such as the Scotiabank Loan.