Accommodated Testing Services coordinates on-campus and online assessment accommodations for students with disabilities who are enrolled in courses offered on the St. George Campus. You can learn more about Accommodated Testing Services here.
For more information on making a request for accommodated tests outside of the ATS Exam Period and navigating your accommodated bookings dashboard see How do I Make a Request for an Accommodated Test?
To view a walkthrough on creating a booking for an assessment during the ATS Exam Period, see Accommodated Testing Services – How to Request an Accommodated Test During the ATS Exam Period.
- After navigating to the Accommodated Testing Services page, you can select the “Request Accommodated Testing” button, where you will be asked a few questions in order to complete your booking request.
The first question asks when the assessment for which you are making the request will be written. In this example, if the assessment is written during the ATS Exam Period which is between April 11 – April 29 then you will select the second option, “Assessment written during the ATS Exam Period (April 11 – April 29)”. If the assessment will be written outside of this period, then select the first option, “Assessment written during the Term Period (January 2 – April 10)”.
You will only be able to make bookings for assessments written during the ATS Exam Period for a limited time using ACORN. For this example, it is between March 6 – March 17. If you miss the deadline on March 17, then you will have to submit a late request using the Alternate Registration Form.
- Once you have selected the assessment period, “Assessment written during the ATS Exam Period” you will be asked to select the course which you are making the booking for.
- If you have selected a course that does not have any scheduled assessments available, then you must submit your request using the Alternate Registration form.
- However, if your selected course has scheduled assessments, then you can choose from the dropdown list. For this example, there are two scheduled assessments available: a Standard Test and Standard Exam.
If there is no location in the option as seen in ”Standard Test”, you must state whether your instructor has indicated that you must complete this assessment in person.
- After you complete the assessment writing location questions or if you selected an assessment with a location that is included, for e.g., as shown in the dropdown option for “Standard Exam” in the screenshot above, then from here you can review your assessment details, including the Class Writing Date, Time, Time Limit and Location.
- After reviewing your assessment details, you can review your accommodations and submit your request by clicking “Submit Request”. If you have any optional accommodations you can opt in for or opt out of this request by clicking on the checkbox.