Follow these steps if you require live assistance from a U of T administrator. To view an instructional GIF for each step, click on the images.
- Request a Skype for Business meeting link from the administrator. Once you have received it, paste the link to a browser and open it. Click “Join Using Skype for Business Web App instead”.
- Download and install the Skype Meetings App plug-in.
- After the plug-in is installed, join the meeting by clicking on the “Join the meeting” button.
Follow these steps if you require live assistance from a U of T admin. If you have already installed Skype for Business (specifically this version), skip to step 4.
- Go to https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx and log into your @mail.utoronto.ca or @utoronto.ca student email account.
- Once you have logged in, click “Skype for Business” on the navigation menu on the left and press install (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
- After you have successfully downloaded Skype for Business, follow the installation instructions (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
- On the Microsoft Lync sign in window, enter your Office 365 user ID (which is your U of T email address) in both the Email Address field and the User ID field. Enter your password, but do not sign in yet. Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the page and under Authentication, make sure the Use Kerberos box is not checked. Under Connection Settings, choose Automatic Configuration, then click OK. Next, click Sign In (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
- Once you have signed in, inform the administrator and you will be contacted (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
If you have a question, bug report or feedback for the ACORN team, you can reach out to us within ACORN. If you can’t reach us through ACORN due to system maintenance, contact us on Twitter or Facebook.
- To reach us, click or tap the “Help & Contact” button on the upper right corner of any page in ACORN.
- If you want to contact the ACORN team, go to the ACORN Feedback tab. You should contact us if you have a question or comment for our team, want to report a bug or other issue with ACORN, or have any ideas for improvements within ACORN. Please attach screenshots if you are submitting a bug report or issue.
- If you require academic advice or have questions about course and program enrolment or your registration status, your Registrar’s Office should be able to help you. You can reach them by going to the Email Help tab and selecting their office. Your Registrar is usually your first stop when it comes to academic matters at the University.
- Student Accounts: This office can answer questions about tuition & fees, payments and your invoice
- Transcripts Centr: Contact this office about Transcript and Transcript order inquiries
- Office of Convocation: Send this office questions about graduation and convocation