Follow these steps if you require live assistance from a U of T admin. If you have already installed Skype for Business (specifically this version), skip to step 4.
- Go to https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx and log into your @mail.utoronto.ca or @utoronto.ca student email account.
- Once you have logged in, click “Skype for Business” on the navigation menu on the left and press install (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
- After you have successfully downloaded Skype for Business, follow the installation instructions (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
- On the Microsoft Lync sign in window, enter your Office 365 user ID (which is your U of T email address) in both the Email Address field and the User ID field. Enter your password, but do not sign in yet. Click the Advanced button at the bottom of the page and under Authentication, make sure the Use Kerberos box is not checked. Under Connection Settings, choose Automatic Configuration, then click OK. Next, click Sign In (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).
- Once you have signed in, inform the administrator and you will be contacted (click on the image for a GIF demonstration).